A sneak peek into my Workshop Basics!
This week I will be teaching workshops two different days on how to be a better natural light and airy photographer! People always compliment me on my light and airy style which I so appreciate. I love a good pop of color to along with the light and airy style too! Once you learn the concepts of natural light the rest is pretty simple.
Today I am going to give you some really simple tips that anyone can benefit from to be a better photographer!!
- GOLDEN HOUR!! This is by far the biggest game changer for my photography. I only shoot in golden hour which is 2 hours after the sun rises and 2 hours after the sun sets! Even with an iphone you will see a difference in your subjects skin tones and all the softer touches to your photos!
- Look down! When you are outside and the sun is nice and high look on the ground. Where are the shadows falling? Get into them and start shooting away! PRO TIP: Keep your lens out of the sun too to prevent sun haze and blur.
- Sun should always be behind the subject. You don’t want squinty eyes and harsh light directly on your subjects face so put their backs to the sun to get a softer touch to your image.
- INDOORS? If the weather is nasty shoot inside! The best way to do this is to get as close as you can to a north facing window and face the window directly for fill light. This works great for selfies on your iphone and I have done it plenty of times, ha! Give it a shot and see how much better you look! Fill light lifts all those bags and wrinkles under your eyes and really just makes you look amazing indoors!!
- Soft and Even Light: When shooting either indoors or outdoors always make sure you don’t have any harsh light on your subjects face, head, arms. There should be soft and even light from head to toe on your subject and in your background.
Well that is a wrap for now!!
If you are interested in a mentoring session or a workshop send me a quick response and I will get you all setup!! Most importantly make sure you practice, practice, practice so you can nail each shot with that beautiful lit sparkle! Here are some samples of my tools put into practice! Thanks for reading and please feel free to ask me questions! I love sharing knowledge with you!!
Brides and grooms!! We would LOVE to hear from you ;)!! Fill out the contact form and we will touch base with you asap!
Check out what my clients have to say about their experience with April Sapp Photography!!!
Click here for my FB reviews!
Click here for my Google reviews!
We would absolutely love to hear from you so feel free to fill out the contact form on our website to get in touch!!
Thank you so much!!
~April and Jason Sapp