3 Reasons to consider having a Bridal session & 3 tips for yours
The big day had arrived! Her dress looked amazing as it hung there, sparkling in the light from the sun. As she took it down and meticulously slipped it on, it felt a little looser than it had 8 months ago. “At least I met my target wedding day weight.” She said. Still looking gorgeous as she admired herself in the mirror. She then paused and looked at her face. “I wish I would have gone with a slightly lighter eye shadow, a little late in the day to change it now.” As she walked out of her bridal suite and waited for the doors to open to the chapel she could hear the minister utter the words, “All rise.” The music started to play and the swung wide. She first looked at the audience, who were standing there, gazing upon her beauty in awe. Then her eyes met his, the man she would spend the rest of her life with, all the little nuances left, they were replaced with one thing, joy.
3 Reasons to have a Bridal Session
It is true, the moment you see that handsome guy at the altar, all worries seem to subside. However, it is a little sad that the worries were there in the first place! Here are 3 reasons why bridal sessions can be so helpful.
- It gives you an opportunity to wear your dress more than once! Aside from the obvious fact, that dress was pricey for a one time use! More important than price, you have another opportunity to make sure it has been altered correctly for your wedding day. Sometimes you do not get the right feel just standing in front of the mirror.
- Bridal sessions also give you a trial run with your makeup. Practice makes perfect and wedding day cosmetics do not always come out right the first time. This gives you the chance to see what your complete outfit will look like in picture form.
- The last reason for having a bridal session is, it really does let you cherish the wedding experience. Most venues will let you have it at their location. Which is great because then you are able to make maximum use of your venue, be more comfortable with it on your wedding day, which will make you more relaxed and able to enjoy yourself. Let’s be honest, when it comes to the wedding day, if the second most important thing is how he looks, we all know what number one is ;).
3 Quick tips for your Bridal Session
- Have it at your venue. Not only does it allow you to be more familiar and relaxed with the environment. It also lets you have more time to scope out any great spots you might want a particular moment to happen or be captured by film. First look, first touch, ect…
- Bring all your accessories. Flowers, jewelry, engagement ring, shoes, bring them all! This will let you try some different combinations of colors for your accessories. Make sure you nail down that perfect look! Also, more options is just more fun!
- Have helpers come with! Make an event out of your bridal session. Bring the girls, laugh, and enjoy the experience! Not only do they make the session more fun, they can be very useful when it comes to arranging your dress, holding your accessories, and bringing out that genuine “you” smile!
Thanks for taking a moment to read today! Looking forward to catching some of your genuine smiles!
Brides and grooms!! We would LOVE to hear from you ;)!! Fill out the contact form and we will touch base with you asap!
Check out what my clients have to say about their experience with April Sapp Photography!!!
Click here for my FB reviews!
Click here for my Google reviews!
We would absolutely love to hear from you so feel free to fill out the contact form on our website to get in touch!!
Thank you so much!!
~April and Jason Sapp